Lose your knack for losing things.
AirTag is an easy way to keep track of your stuff. Attach one to your keys. Put another in your backpack. And just like that, they’re on your radar in the Find My app. AirTag has your back.
Ping it. Find it.
- Misplacing something like your wallet doesn’t have to be a big deal when it has AirTag attached. You can play a sound on the built-in speaker by going to the new Items tab in the Find My app, or say “Hey Siri, find my wallet.” If it’s hiding nearby — like under the couch or in the next room — just follow the sound and your search is over.
Cold. Warm. Warmer. Hot.
- If your AirTag is nearby, your iPhone can lead you straight to it with Precision Finding.1 You‘ll see the distance to your AirTag and the direction to head in — all thanks to Ultra Wideband technology.
Get by with a little help from hundreds of millions of friends.
When youʼve left something far behind, like at the beach or the gym, the Find My network — hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices around the world — helps track down your AirTag. And itʼs designed to protect your privacy every step of the way.
How does it work?
Your AirTag sends out a secure Bluetooth signal that can be detected by nearby devices in the Find My network. These devices send the location of your AirTag to iCloud — then you can go to the Find My app and see it on a map. The whole process is anonymous and encrypted to protect your privacy. And itʼs efficient, so thereʼs no need to worry about battery life or data usage.
Lost Mode makes finding things
Just like your other Apple devices, AirTag can be put into Lost Mode. Then, when it’s detected by a device in the network, you’ll automatically get a notification. You can also set it so someone can get your contact info by tapping your AirTag with an NFC-capable smartphone — that’s the same technology that lets people pay for things with their phones.
Privacy is built in.
Only you can see where your AirTag is. Your location data and history are never stored on the AirTag itself. Devices that relay the location of your AirTag also stay anonymous, and that location data is encrypted every step of the way. So not even Apple knows the location of your AirTag or the identity of the device that helps find it.
AirTag is designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If someone else’s AirTag finds its way into your stuff, your iPhone will notice it’s traveling with you and send you an alert. After a while, if you still haven’t found it, the AirTag will start playing a sound to let you know it’s there.
Of course, if you happen to be with a friend who has an AirTag, or on a train with a whole bunch of people with AirTag, don’t worry. These alerts are triggered only when an AirTag is separated from its owner.
A one-tap setup instantly connects your AirTag with your iPhone or iPad. Enter a name for your AirTag, attach it to the item you want to track, and youʼre good to go. Want AirTag notifications on your Apple Watch, too? No problem.
Long live the battery.
AirTag is designed to keep going more than a year on a standard battery you can easily replace.2 And your iPhone lets you know when itʼs time to pop in a new one.
Let’s say you’ve tagged your keys and — oops — drop them in a puddle. Or they’re in the path of a colossal spill. Hey, that’s okay. Your AirTag is water resistant.3
Initial it. Emoji it.
When you buy your AirTag from apple.com or the Apple Store app, you can have it personalized with your initials. An emoji. Or both. Itʼs free and easy, and it adds some fun.
Use AR to see it from every angle.
Open this page using Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
What’s in the Box
AirTag Tech Specs
Diameter: 1.26 inches (31.9 mm)
Height: 0.31 inch (8.0 mm)
0.39 ounce (11 grams)
- Rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
- Bluetooth for proximity finding
- Apple-designed U1 chip for Ultra Wideband and Precision Finding
- NFC tap for Lost Mode
- User-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery
The Find My app is compatible with these iPhone accessibility features:
- Invert Colors
- Larger Text
- Compatibility with braille displays
- Apple ID
- iPhone and iPod touch models with iOS 14.5 or later
- iPad models with iPadOS 14.5 or later
Operating ambient temperature: −4° to 140° F (−20° to 60° C)
- AirTag with CR2032 coin cell battery installed